Buffalo Chicken Salad + 12 Packable Salads for Lunch
Get your veggies in at lunch with this buffalo chicken salad and 12 other delicious lunches you can pack in your lunch bag.
A bit of prep goes a long way. Chopping your own vegetables, or buying pre-chopped vegetables is a great way to make eating lots of vegetables easy and delicious.
No more boring lame salads for your lunch box, it’s time to take those chopped vegetables, grains, protein, and whatever else to make a really delicious and nutrient packed salad.
Click here for the link to this delicious and really easy buffalo chicken salad recipe I created for The Cookful last month.
I layer this salad in one lightweight container to bring to work with me. Dressing, chicken, hearty vegetables (carrots, celery), softer vegetables, then lettuce on the top. That way nothing gets too soggy between packing and eating.
When you’re ready to eat, go ahead & stir or shake if there’s enough room in your container, and enjoy!
side note: I’m not the biggest fan of packing salads or anything in mason jars because I take public transport to work and typically walk about 20-3o minutes (yay for all those steps!) each trip. A heavy jar or a couple just ain’t gonna happen.
Love the idea of packing a fun salad for your lunch? Here are 10 more salad ideas for your delicious lunch.
- Layered Spelt Salad via Judy Barbe of Live Best
- Quinoa Salad with Spinach & Onions via Liz Shaw of Shaw Simple Swaps
- Chickpea Grain Salad via Stephanie McKercher of The Grateful Grazer Blog (ps: aren’t her photos amazing? we’ve teamed up to teach food bloggers & nutritionists food photography… guys, it’s the real deal)
- Mexican Avocado Chicken Salad via Abbey Sharp of Abbey’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Salmon Salad via Lindsey Janeiro of Nutrition to Fit
- Roasted Beet & White Bean Power Bowls via Christy Brissette of 80twenty Nutrition
- Strawberry Chicken Spinach Power Salad via Lindsay Livingston of The Lean Green Bean
- Lentil Roasted Veggie Salad Jar via Maria of Halsa Nutrition
- Mason Jar Greek Salad via Holley Grainger
- 3 Step Mediterranean Style Buddha Bowl via Katie Pfeffer-Scanlan of One Hungry Bunny
- Citrus Quinoa Salad with Prunes via Amy Gorin
- Balsamic Tuna Sorghum Salad via Lauren Harris-Pincus of Nutrition Starring You
Want more recipes straight to your inbox?
pin for later…
What’s your favorite kind of salad to pack for lunch?