The Easiest Black Bean Tacos
Happy Taco Tuesday! I’m celebrating with The Recipe Redux with my too quick, too easy, too healthy, -and meatless- black bean tacos. It’s the perfect way to carry over Meatless Monday into Taco Tuesday.
Tacos are one of my favorite meals, I could maybe even eat tacos each day and not get bored with them…. because there’s so many taco flavor combos. You can use nearly any type of meat or plant protein, any type of vegetables, and so many different ethnic sauces. They’re also one of my favorite ways to clean out my fridge. I add whichever veggies I have on hand, and love them all the same!
Clean out your fridge with these easy and delicious tacos.
- 8 small flour tortillas preferably whole grain
- 1.5 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 whole red bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups winter greens shredded
- 1 cup salsa
MIx cilantro, lime juice, and salt into brown rice.
Evenly distribute rice, beans, and winter greens between taco shells
Top with desired amount of salsa, enjoy
You can substitute flour tortillas with corn tortillas.
Other topping ideas: zucchini, onion, corn, cheddar cheese, other lettuces, Greek yogurt/sour cream
Pin for later….
Let’s get chatty:
- what’s your favorite taco flavor?
- 3 ingredient guacamole recipe - […] those delicious black bean tacos with this delicious guac. It won’t add really any time to your prep time.…
- 25 Kid Approved Meatless Dinner Ideas - […] 12. Black Bean Tacos […]