If you could spare just 10 minutes, you can set yourself up for healthy and delicious snacks for the whole week. They’re packed with protein, and have no refined sugars.
I originally made these energy bites for the Food and Nutrition Magazine test kitchen sponsored by siggis, I had to make a couple changes because I can’t stand coconut, which was an integral ingredient in this recipe. So I swapped out the coconut for chocolate & I just have to share my end recipe because I really couldn’t stop eating them!
10 Minute Healthy Energy Bites
- High powered blender
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt I used siggis
- 1 cup Mejdool dates seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds, hulled
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Chop chocolate chips in high powered blender or food processor until small chunks are formed. I ended up with both chocolate dust and chunks. Remove from blender or food processor. Separate chunks from dust, pour dust into small bowl and save chunks to add back to the final energy bite mixture.
- Chop remaining ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor until desired consistency. Run through blender or food processor for longer if you'd like a less chunky ball
- Add the chocolate chunks to mixture and form 1 ounce balls once desired consistency is reached. Roll balls in the chocolate dust. Refrigerate until use
- You can swap out the cashews for other nuts, like almonds or peanuts.
- If dates are dried out, fill a small bowl with warm water and let the dates sit in the bowl until they're softened.