All your favorite flavors combined in the most delicious pudding that you can eat as breakfast or as a healthy dessert. Can you believe that dessert can be as healthy as breakfast? It can now with this chunky monkey chia pudding.
OK, I resisted, I resisted as long as I could.
I resisted falling into this trendy food trap. You know, those trendy foods that promise the world because they’re ‘new’ (even though they totally aren’t) & so healthy for you it can’t be true. I hate those foods….. until I try them. Chia pudding is one of those foods that can be just as delicious as it is nutritious. Plus, how fun is it to eat these gooey seeds of gelatinous goodness. They’re the perfect vehicle for chocolate and peanut butter…. and banana for good measure.
I’m now whistling a different tune, here’s the recipe that changed it for me:
Chunky Monkey Chia Pudding
- Small bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- cutting board
- 1/8 cup dry chia seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk I used 1%
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 soft banana mashed
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips chopped
- Mix together chia seeds and water, stirring occasionally. Let sit on counter for 20-25 minutes. (do not let sit in fridge-it gets goopy)
- Add milk and vanilla after chia seeds have expanded, stir.
- Top with mashed banana, peanut butter, and chopped chocolate chips
- Make sure to stir the chia occasionally or else it'll get gloppy.
- Use whatever kind of milk you like, cows or non-dairy milk.
Have you made chia pudding before? what’s your fave way to eat it?