Do you have 10 minutes to throw together the most delicious and versatile chicken salad ever? With precooked chicken, you’re way too close to a delicious lunchbox chicken salad. Eat it over a bed of lettuce, over whole grain bread, or just off a spoon.
I’ve been craving chicken salad for too long. After tossing kind-of random ingredients into a bowl, I realized just why I’ve been craving this for so long. It’s amazing! But you want to know what makes it even more amazing? It’s easy and healthy. Instead of the traditional mayo base, a tangy helping of Greek yogurt gives this easy lunch the most delicious base. Also, it’s the first recipe I’ve shot on my newly made photography backgrounds (a little DIY post coming soon!).
How to Make Chicken Salad in 10 minutes flat
In order to make this deliciously fast, you’ll need precooked chicken and some prepped vegetables. I’m a huge believer of planning and preparing to make weekday meals a snap. You can go ahead & follow my instructions to become a kitchen chicken wiz by roasting a chicken (disclaimer: it may seem intimidating…. it took me a few long months to get the gumption to get to roasting but it’s seriously the easiest and MOST DELICIOUS thing you can do in your kitchen!) Here’s the link to perfectly roast your bird.
Also, meal prep/planning. It’s a buzz word, but for really good reason. Here’s a link to sign up for my free guide to meal planning, hope you enjoy it!
Also, I’d love to hear which photo you like better! I can’t seem to choose, guess it’s like picking a fave kid 😉
On to the recipe…
Healthy Chicken Salad Sandwich
- cutting board
- Measuring Spoons
- rubber spatula
- medium mixing bowl
- 1/2 large chicken breast cooked
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard I use whole grain dijon
- 1 tablespoon mixed nuts chopped
- 1/4 cup celery chopped small
- 1/4 cup red grapes quartered
- 3 leaves butter lettuce chopped
- 1 whole wheat pita
- Toast whole wheat pita.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together (except lettuce), stir until well coated by yogurt and mayo.
- Fill pita with chicken salad mixture and lettuce. Enjoy
- Serve over a bed of butter lettuce or in a toasted whole wheat pita
- Swap butter lettuce for romaine, green leaf, spinach, or whatever greens you have on hand.
Are you a chicken salad fan? What toppings do you include in your recipe?