Enjoy all the best fall flavors wrapped into this easy apple tart with the simplest yogurt filling. This no-bake dessert is perfect for a holiday party.
I have partnered with Dannon to help promote Light & Fit®. I have been compensated for my time commitment. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Here we are, on the third installment of my series with Light & Fit® (check out my meal prep post, and my black rice and cannellini bean buddha bowl). To celebrate the new Dannon Light & Fit® yogurts with Zero Artificial Sweeteners, I was asked to reimagine yogurt by finding fun ways to eat it, and boy have I found the most fun and delicious way to incorporate Dannon Light & Fit® Vanilla Greek Nonfat Yogurt with Zero Artificial Sweeteners into your next holiday party.
It just goes to show that nourishing choices don’t have to be boring. I mean, I upped the protein, fiber, and calcium in this delicious dessert just by using Greek yogurt in the filling. With a balanced variety of delicious choices, Dannon Light & Fit® has better-for-you options that that also fit your active lifestyle. The 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend increasing intake of nutrient-dense foods, such as fat-free or low-fat dairy products, like yogurt. Yogurt is nutrient-dense and many yogurts are usually a good source of protein, calcium and vitamin D. Make sure to follow Light & Fit® on Instagram for more yogurt inspiration.
After being a dietitian for a few years, desserts that don’t taste like what I’m used to aren’t satisfying or that enjoyable. This easy apple tart with it’s yogurt filling is slightly reminiscent of a classic cheesecake; but the tanginess of the yogurt only filling pairs really well with the sweet apple and pecan topping. When I topped the whole dessert with my new favorite (easy) homemade caramel sauce, it became irresistible. So, here we go, enjoy this really easy apple tart with ingredients you’ll likely have in your pantry. And it’s still enjoyable, just happens to be packed with some nourishing ingredients that also make it taste amazing.
Here are a couple other recipes using Dannon Light & Fit®:
Easy Apple Tart with Yogurt Filling
- cutting board
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Small fry pan
- Small Springform Pan
- rubber spatula
- 1 package honey graham crackers
- 5 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon divided
- 2 pinch salt divided
- 4 containers Dannon Light & Fit Greek Nonfat Yogurt with Zero Artificial Sweeteners, Vanilla
- 1 large apple sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans chopped
- caramel sauce to drizzle quick recipe listed in recipe notes
- Add graham crackers, 3 tablespoons melted butter, a pinch of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon to bowl of high powered blender or food processor. Mix until graham crackers are dust, add more butter if it’s too crumbly. Pour into base of an 8″ springform pan. (I like using a smaller pan because the tart is thicker, but for a thinner tart you can use a larger pan). Pat down crust.
- Pour all Greek yogurt over crust, smooth out. Refrigerate while making topping.
- Topping: Add 2 tablespoons butter to a cast iron skillet or medium sized skillet. Add apples, brown sugar, and lemon juice to butter. Stir until apples are softened. About 10-15 minutes. If making your own caramel sauce, make while apples are cooking.
- Add a pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and pecans to apples. Remove tart from the fridge and top with apple and pecan mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Drizzle caramel sauce over tart prior to serving.
Sign up for more delicious & quick recipes to be sent directly to your inbox: