Need a super easy homemade Christmas gift? These easy chocolate covered oreo cookies with peppermint are the easiest gift you can make for your friends and family.
Who needs to spend a bunch of money on fancy gifts, when you can make your own for your family and friends? A touch of care goes a long way. Your loved ones will love these winter chocolate dipped Oreos with peppermint.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
how these chocolate covered Oreo cookies fit into my lifestyle
I’m tired of being that friend who graciously receives gifts, with nothing to trade. I forget too many times. So with that said, I’m taking a few minutes to whip up a couple delicious Christmas (or holiday) gifts that my friends will love (I made homemade hot cocoa last year), and I’ll be able to save a few dollars along the way. These chocolate covered Oreo cookies just require 10 minutes to assemble, and about 15 in the fridge.
How they’ll make your life easier
They just take 10 or so minutes to whip together, and can easily be made in large batches. This is also a great winter activity, you could get together with a couple friends and make them together to give to other friends and family.
Or this is a great handheld dessert to bring to a holiday party.
Quick Notes on This Recipe
What are the best cookies for this recipe?
You can use traditional Oreos, or Trader Joe’s Joe-Joes. I’m a lifelong Oreo lover, so that’s my vote.
What kind of chocolate do you use?
My absolute favorite part about this dipped Oreo recipe is that you can just use your favorite chocolate chips for the chocolate dip. No need to heat them over the stove and add any more ingredients. Just dump chocolate chips into a microwaveable bowl, and microwave until they’re melted evenly. It’s so easy it’s crazy.
Personally, I exclusively use semi-sweet chocolate chips in my baking. They’re sweet, yet have a deep chocolate flavor, which make them perfect for chocolate chip cookies, chocolate bark, and chocolate covered Oreos. Use your favorite chocolate and you’ll be happy with them
Easy Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies
- small mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- rubber spatula
- Measuring Cups
- 1 box Oreos or other chocolate cookies
- 12 oz chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Melt the chocolate: Pour 12 oz chocolate chips into microwave safe bowl, microwave for about 2 minutes, taking bowl out every 45 seconds to stir. Continue to cook and stir until chocolate chips are melted and silky. Set aside.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or reusable baking mats and pour 1 c crushed peppermint candy into shallow bowl. Dip each Oreo cookie halfway into chocolate, then place on baking pan. Once all cookies are on the baking sheets, sprinkle peppermint candies liberally over cookies.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens, at least 15 minutes. Once hardened, you can distribute them into plastic bags or jars as gifts. Or refrigerate until you eat them.
- Use your favorite kind of chocolate chips. I prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can also use regular or double stuf oreos.
- Buy crushed peppermint candy OR place peppermint candies or candy canes in a freezer plastic bag and roll rolling pin over them to smash candies.
Want tips to live your best live delivered straight to your inbox + a free15 minute dinners eCookbook? thought so
Let’s get chatty:
- What are your favorite homemade holiday gifts?
- What would you top these chocolate covered Oreo cookies with?