This easy baked salmon recipe is bursting with flavor and moisture, you wouldn’t believe how easy and quick it is. Plus, it requires no effort to clean up.
Disclosure: I worked with Alaska Select Seafood on an Instagram campaign. I received free product, but was not compensated for my time to write this blog post. As always all opinions are my own, and I truly love this salmon!
I’ll be honest, I like fish, but I rarely (actually never) cook it. One thing, it’s not something I consistently buy, cooking it is actually a bit intimidating to me because bad salmon is worse than any other protein (because it’s so expensive & can be so stinky), and I recently had a roommate who would always leave a fishy-burnt scent in the kitchen, for days, whenever she cooked salmon. uck. Then I found something new.
Have you ever cooked salmon in parchment paper?
Honestly I’m just a bit (ok a TON) obsessed with this newfound cooking method (pin it now to save for later). I’m lazy when it comes to cooking & this technique is so easy, quick, and leads to really quick clean-up. So if you’re averse to complicated & time consuming recipes BUT want to eat delicious & fancy food…. I’ve got you covered with this easy salmon recipe.
Packing up your salmon & veggies in a parchment envelope traps the flavors & moisture in your food. That leaves you with moist, flakey fish with tender vegetables. It’s amazing.
It’s really one of the easiest and most tender ways I’ve made salmon. And let me tell you, when you get high quality, delicious salmon-you have to cook it well. AND, to be able to cook salmon well, and quickly, with nearly no clean-up. Ya, this is real life.
Here you go! (pin now to save for later)
Easy Baked Salmon for Two
- 2-4 ounce wild salmon fillets thawed
- 3-5 fingerling potatoes about a small handful
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Thinly slice potatoes, zucchini, and lemon. Set aside.
- Set 2 large pieces of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Divide all ingredients up, place slices of potato and zucchini in first 1/3 of each piece of parchment paper (ensure there's enough room to fold paper over all ingredients & tuck all sides in after). Sprinkle salt and pepper over vegetables.
- Top vegetables with salmon fillet, skin side down. Pour divided olive oil and white wine on each salmon fillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper over salmon, then divide Italian seasonings between the 2 packets. Place lemon slices on top of seasoned salmon.
- To close packet, fold parchment paper over salmon and vegetables, then tuck one corner under itself, continue to fold paper at an angle so it's tightly secured. Tuck final piece of paper under whole packet so it's secure. You're essentially folding each side onto the last side you folded. That ensures it's all closed up. Refer to photo of enclosed packet for how it's supposed to look before it goes in the oven.
- Place in oven, and cook for 15-18 minutes, or until vegetables are fork tender, or cut easily with your fork. Salmon will be done cooking by this point. Serve and enjoy.
Want more easy recipes delivered to your inbox? Sign up here:
I made a video to show the slicing & folding process, but it came out really blurry (newbie probs). Stay tuned for a new non-blurry video in the next week or so. It’ll be worth the wait.