Satisfy your comfort cravings during football season with this delicious game day jalapeño cheddar dip. It’s cheesy, salty, vegetable-y, and just spicy enough.
I’ve been thinking about my favorite ooey-gooey cheesy snacks. You know, the ones I look forward to eating while watching the Seahawks play (because I don’t care at all about any other pro football team, even when they aren’t playing that well). They definitely include mozzarella sticks (totally my favorite treat as a kid), good queso dip, and any other cheesy dip. I’ve tried to make mozzarella sticks a few times (failing miserably each time), and the frozen ones just taste great. So that’s off the homemade game day table.
So it was on to a cheesy dip. In efforts to make a traditional cheesy dip healthier for game day, I substituted the cream cheese for pureed cauliflower and it is……awesome! Hence the Jalapeño Cheddar Dip.
Since the only thing in football I care about are the Seahawks, a blue and green theme was a must! So we’ve got blue corn chips, jalapeños, and spinach.
Want more Game Day App ideas?
- Easy Homemade Queso
- Prosciutto, Pear, and Arugula Flatbread
- 3 Ingredient Guacamole
- Jalapeno Cheddar Dip
Jalapeno Cheddar Dip
- Medium Pot
- cutting board
- Measuring Cups
- baking sheet
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 medium head of cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen spinach thawed, liquid removed
- 1 whole jalapeno sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil water in shallow pan, add chopped cauliflower once boiling. Steam cauliflower until softened, about 3-5 mins. Once soft, spoon cauliflower into food processor or high powered blender. Add Greek yogurt to cauliflower mixture.
- Mix cauliflower, spinach, and Greek yogurt until smooth. Then add grated cheese, jalapeno, garlic powder, and salt
- Pour mixture into shallow baking dishes or ramekins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.
- Save a step by grabbing chopped cauliflower
- You can adjust the amount of jalapeno added to your desired spiciness. Canned jalapenos work well too.