If you’re in need of a quick dinner, grab the delicious healthy pistachio pesto from your freezer and throw together a this healthy pasta with pistachio pesto.
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Wonderful Pistachios and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
How it Fits into My Lifestyle
I used to hate any type of pasta topped with pesto. I ate it too much as a kid, read about my experiences here.
Outside of the normal basil, pine nut, blah blah blah pesto, I was ready to expand my horizons. I found an abundance of spinach, some about-to-go-bad mint leaves, and A TON of pistachios in my pantry, because, really they’re not only delicious and beautiful, but they are a great protein source and cracking them out of their shells can help you be more mindful.. check that out here.
So, obviously, I was ready to combine a few of my favorite ingredients into something completely different: Wonderful pistachios, greens, good olive oil, citrus, and fresh herbs. I had to expand my pesto repertoire.
How This Pasta Makes Your Life Easier
Now that I love pesto, I’ve found it to be the absolutely best addition to plain old pasta. Whenever I have greens or herbs that are about to go bad, I’ll toss them with any herbs I’ve got on hand, olive oil, some citrus, and my favorite nut, which has most recently been pistachios. I love how they taste, and Pistachios are known as The Colorful NutTM that help you snack colorfully: pistachios’ green and red-purple hues come from antioxidants. These gorgeous hues make for a particularly vibrant and gorgeous pesto. And let’s be honest, we eat with our eyes first, so a vibrant and gorgeous sauce is of utmost importance.
Quick Notes on This Recipe
- Use my pistachio pesto recipe to make the sauce, you can use it fresh or frozen.
- Add more greens, parmesan cheese, either salmon or chicken, and a few turns of freshly ground pepper to make this pasta an amazing and amazingly quick dinner.
Here’s the Pesto Recipe You’ll Need
Quick Pistachio Pesto Pasta
- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine 1/2 of a 16 oz box
- 8 chicken tenders about 8-12 ounces total
- 1 cup pistachio pesto sauce made with Wonderful pistachios
- 4 cups spinach or other greens
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- Wonderful pistachios for garnish
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray. Cook chicken tenders in frying pan on medium-high heat. Pour about 1/4 cup water over chicken to prevent it from burning or drying out after both sides have been seared. Should take 5-7 minutes to cook.
- Once pasta is al-dente, drain pasta water. Then add pesto sauce, and mix together. Add fresh greens once pesto has been combined well with pasta.
- Split pasta and chicken between 4 plates. Top with Wonderful pistachios, parmesan cheese, pepper, and a squeeze of lime juice if desired.
For more recipes straight to your inbox, sign up here:
Let’s get chatty:
• What are your favorite quick weeknight meals?