This pear prosciutto and arugula flatbread is the perfect late-summer early fall meal. It’s fancy and delicious enough to serve while entertaining, but easy enough to maintain your sanity.
This post was created in partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market. I have been compensated for my time commitment. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
I’m excited to announce that I will be working with Sprouts Farmers Market on a series of recipes using their great products. I’m most excited because Sprouts is one of my favorite grocery stores. I do a majority of my shopping there because they have high quality meats, lots of great priced produce, and a big bulk foods section.
Since their fresh produce is so delicious, and inexpensive, I am able to eat as much fresh produce as I want without exceeding my food budget each month. I love going into Sprouts in the spring & summer, because their berries are almost always like 1/2 off, but they don’t go bad within a day or two, so they’re actually worth buying.
how this pear prosciutto and arugula flatbread fits into my lifestyle
I love pizza, I mean who doesn’t. It’s fun to eat, it’s a party food, and topping choices are ENDLESS. I wouldn’t even start to guess how many topping combinations I could come up with, because I’d never stop.
But outside of two (expensive) pizza joints in Salt Lake, I don’t like many bought pizzas. Either the crust is too crunchy, tasteless, gets super soggy, or the sauce has a weird ingredient that just makes the whole pizza not.so.great. I’ve found that unless I’m ready to shell out $20-40 on a pizza, my best bet is to make it. Luckily, I can rely on either flatbread or pita at Sprouts, a few simple ingredients, and 20 minutes to get a delicious pizza that is 100x better, and often more unique than most pizzas that I can get within my everyday dinner price range. Plus, making pizza is fun. It’s fun to do by yourself, it’s fun to do with friends or family, it’s fun to do whenever.
Some days I’m feeling all the meat- I’ll buy or top my homemade pizza with some yummy sausage and salamis and a handful of peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Some days I’m feeling all the veggies- I’ll pile on the mushrooms, peppers, onions, olives, greens, and whatever else. And somedays I’m feeling fancy- then it’s time for unique and delicious flavor combinations like pear, prosciutto, goat cheese, and arugula with a simple balsamic glaze over it.
How it’ll make your life easier
Sprouts has a great section of pre-chopped vegetables, delicious tomato sauces, meats, cheeses, and great flatbreads so all you have to do is assemble the flatbread, and enjoy. I mean how much better can things get than that? Really, how much better?
Quick Notes on This Recipe
- Crunchy pears are better than riper ones to broil. They don’t become a mushy mess on my pizza when they’re crunchy.
- I bought a few d’Anjou pears, and really liked the mild sweet flavor of them on this pizza.
- Don’t forget the lemon juice. This added kick of acid just brings the pizza up a notch.
- Go ahead and pile on the arugula, if you love it like I do!
Pear Prosciutto and Arugula Flatbread
- 2 pita pockets or other flatbread either whole wheat or white
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 whole crunchy pear I used d'Ajnou
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 large handfuls arugula
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven, set to broil. Remove center and seeds from pear, and slice into thin slices. Place pita bread on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over each pita, squeeze lemon juice over olive oil. Spread sliced pear on top of each pita, place 2 slices of prosciutto on each pita. Distribute pieces of goat cheese all around pita.
- Drizzle olive oil over each pita, squeeze lemon juice over olive oil. Spread sliced pear on top of each pita, place 2 slices of prosciutto on each pita. Distribute pieces of goat cheese all around pizza.
- Place pita in oven, broil for 2-5 minutes, or until pita and prosciutto brown. Remove from oven.
- Top hot pita flatbread with fresh arugula and drizzle balsamic glaze over flatbread. Slice, and eat immediately.
Want tips to live your best live delivered straight to your inbox + a free15 minute dinners eCookbook?
Let’s get chatty:
- What’s your favorite pizza topping?
- Would you add anything to this pear prosciutto and arugula flatbread pizza?