Make your very own delicious chocolate pudding out of 3 pantry ingredients. This quick protein packed chocolate pudding rivals the tastiest pudding mixes but has 13 grams of protein per serving and doesn’t have to set. So it’s quicker and can be a delicious protein packed snack.
This post was created in partnership with Dannon Light & Fit. I have been compensated for my time commitment. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
Chocolate pudding is one of my favorite chocolatey desserts. It’s silky smooth, chocolatey, and such a fun vehicle for candy. But, the pudding mixes I’ve used require at least 5 minutes to set up, they aren’t always something that I have on hand, and can easily taste more chemical-y than chocolatey. I’d much rather taste more chocolate than anything else.
How this quick protein packed chocolate pudding fits into my lifestyle
I’m a dessert almost every night kind of person. Whether it be a handful of chocolate chips, a donut, or a couple scoops of ice cream, I have something. Now that I’m over restricting myself (because that only leads me to want more of whatever that food is, and leads me to eat more than feels good in my body), I’ve fully accepted this trait and am always looking for ways to enjoy delicious desserts, but including ones that leave me feeling happy that I ate it, but also satisfied with my treat without feeling overly full or like it will affect my sleep.
Here are a few things that I’ve learned that help me enjoy my desserts to their fullest-
- Eat it mindfully, that way I know that a) I actually really like said food, and b) I’m able to recognize how my body is reacting to it. Here’s how I try to eat mindfully
- Include some protein. Protein can help us feel full and satisfied. That’s why you’ll see lots of recommendations to include protein in your snacks (well one reason)
- Pack in the flavor. There’s something about eating flavorful foods. For me, flavorful foods lead me to slow down and savor them, they lead me to enjoy them more, and feel satisfied with an amount that is inline with what my body and soul need. Plus, flavorful foods are often more delicious.
How it’ll make your life easier
This quick protein packed chocolate pudding is made with 3 easy to find ingredients, probably ones that you keep in the pantry. It’s made with vanilla Greek yogurt and is totally inline with the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans that recommends increasing intake of nutrient-dense foods, such as fat-free or low-fat dairy products, like yogurt. Yogurt is nutrient-dense and often many yogurts are a good source of protein and calcium. Greek yogurts typically contain more protein than regular yogurts. So you’re not only getting a delicious chocolate pudding, but you’re getting a delicious chocolate pudding with 13 grams of protein per serving. This makes it a great afternoon snack, or pre/post workout snack because of it’s mix of protein and carbohydrates. Plus, for me at least, I can tolerate eating dairy products before intense exercise while my stomach has a hard time with other foods.
Quick Notes on This Recipe
I’ve said this before, but I love using Dannon Light & Fit Original Greek Nonfat Yogurt because they have great options that also fit your active lifestyle. Food is not only to be enjoyed, but it’s functional.
Can I use different flavored yogurts?
If you want a super easy fruity chocolate pudding, I’d recommend swapping the vanilla yogurt for cherry or blueberry.
Why this pudding vs a boxed one?
Sure a boxed pudding is just 2 ingredients, but it requires chilling time and can easily taste fake. At least for me, I’d rather eat pudding that tastes more like chocolate than something else.
How long does it take to make?
Depending on how quickly you can measure out cocoa powder and sugar, it could take just 2 minutes or less to throw together. That’s at least 5 minutes less than regular old boxed pudding. And, if you’re like me, being able to eat your chocolatey pudding when hunger strikes is so important!
What toppings do I add to this quick protein packed chocolate pudding?
Oh the options are endless-
- leftover Halloween candies
- fresh berries or whatever fruit you have on hand
- pumpkin puree + pumpkin pie spice
- chocolate chips
- your favorite chocolate sauce
- fresh whipped cream
- dried fruit
Here are a couple other recipes using Dannon Light & Fit®:
Quick Protein Packed Chocolate Pudding
- 1 carton Dannon® Light & Fit® Original Greek Nonfat Yogurt, vanilla flavor
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- Pour cocoa powder and sugar into Dannon® Light & Fit® yogurt cup, mix together. Add toppings if desired. Eat directly out of the cup or in another bowl.
One last thought about this recipe, everything is totally customizable, too much (or not enough) chocolate in this recipe? Adjust it! Same with the sugar, feel free to adjust the sugar to meet your own taste preferences. Enjoy!
For more delicious meal and snack ideas with Dannon Light & Fit Original Greek Nonfat Yogurt, follow @Lightandfit on Instagram and use the hashtag #LightandFitRD #LightandFit.”
Want tips to live your best live delivered straight to your inbox + a free15 minute dinners eCookbook?
Let’s get chatty:
- have you made your own pudding before? What recipes do you like?
- What would you top this quick protein packed chocolate pudding with? I’d love to hear your topping suggestions!