This summer berry salad with white balsamic salad dressing is the perfect combination of tanginess and bright berry flavor to make this salad perfect for any summer meal.
I have partnered with SKS Bottle & Packaging to write this post. I have been compensated
for my time commitment. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Nourish Nutrition possible and as always, opinions are my own!
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
Now that it’s summertime, I want all the summer produce ALL THE TIME. I grab all the freshest fruit every grocery run. Tis the season for fresh, flavorful, delicious, and discounted fresh produce. That’s why I’ve been trying to eat more seasonally- it’s often less expensive, and it tastes better. That’s regardless of purchasing from your local grocery store or farmers market. It’s glorious.
how this summer berry salad fits into my lifestyle
With all the berries on sale, I’ve been adding them to my yogurt, smoothies, salads, and of course eating them plain. I’ve been particularly loving the sweet berry addition to my salads lately. They’re an easy addition that adds a lot of flavor and texture without much effort. That’s right up my alley.
I’ve been buying large bags of spinach at the store, and have been eating the same summer berry salad. It’s so delicious and easy that I don’t even mind the monotony. I paired this fresh, sweet, and delicious salad with the easiest ever white balsamic dressing. Last week, I literally drizzled white balsamic dressing, extra virgin olive oil, and a squeeze of lime on my salad. I made it the next day, with the same super simple dressing, but it didn’t taste quite as good. I was bummed that I didn’t get the proportions right the 2nd time. On day 3, I decided to mix the dressing in a glass bottle so I could save a few minutes making it each day, keep the flavors consistent, and make the dressing super accessible. I grabbed my favorite tall SKS Bottle, filled it with vinegar, olive oil, and lime, shook it and dressed my salad. It was just that easy and it tasted just as good as on day 1.
How this summer berry salad will make your life easier
I know it seems like an extra step to pre-mix the dressing, but this is a dressing that you’ll want to have on hand. It’s easy, versatile, and super delicious. Keep it as is to top this summer berry salad, add a spoonful of dijon mustard for a kick, or mustard and garlic for a great salad that you can add lunch meat, your favorite cheese, and other veggies.
Not only will this super easy and delicious dressing make your life easier, but this awesome bottle will too. I was sent a box full of bottles from SKS a couple of months ago. I’ve been trying to buy more glassware for storage to reduce how much plastic I’m using so I’ve been looking for storage containers that not only look great, but are durable, functional, and high quality. Luckily I received a box of really great quality and functional bottles at just the right time. I ended up immediately washing the tall bottle I used here and a shorter bottle to fill with dressings and sauces. I even dropped the tall bottle onto my kitchen floor. I was sure it’d break, but the thick glass withstood the fall. Durable glassware is important for just about anyone, especially anyone with little kids around. These bottles fit the bill of being durable and high quality.
- I love using white balsamic dressing in this salad dressing. It’s a milder version of the traditional balsamic dressing. It’s bright and refreshing.
- Use whichever berries/fruit you have on hand, it’s great with mixed berries, cherries or even watermelon!
- Add fresh fish or grilled chicken and some of your favorite bread to turn this appetizer salad into a summery main dish.
- If you like more of a balsamic punch on your salads, try this easy balsamic dressing. Or add this strawberry puree for some extra sweetness. Oh man, sorry to overwhelm you with options, but they’re too good to not share.
This summer berry salad with white balsamic salad dressing makes for the perfect combination of tanginess and bright berry flavor to make this salad perfect for any summer meal.
- 16 oz fresh spinach
- 2 cups snap peas sliced down the middle
- 2 cups berries sliced strawberries, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, etc
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (dressing)
- 2 cups white balsamic vinegar (dressing)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (dressing)
Add fresh spinach to serving bowl, top with sliced snap peas, berries, and feta cheese.
Make the dressing by pouring olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice into SKS bottle. Ingredients will separate, shake prior to serving. Enjoy.
Top with grilled chicken or salmon and a slice of your favorite bread for a full summer meal.
Want tips to live your best live delivered straight to your inbox + a free15 minute dinners eCookbook?
Let’s get chatty:
• Do you use glass bottles to store your homemade dressings and sauces in?
• How does this summer berry salad sound to you? Would you make any changes to make it fit your/your family’s needs?