Katie's Famous Curried Chicken and Broccoli
Katie's Famous Curried Chicken & Broccoli | Juicy chicken, tender broccoli and the creamiest & cheesiest healthy sauce will win you the dinner game
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted*
- 3 Tablespoons flour*
- 1/2 cup chicken stock*
- 1/2 cup milk * I used skim
- t *1 can cream of chicken soup (use this if you don't have time to make your own cream base using the ingredients above)
- 1 cup plain yogurt (you can use Greek yogurt, it will just be even thicker)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- teaspoon Salt and pepper to taste (I used ~3/4 salt 1 teaspoon pepper to season)
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups chicken breasts cooked and shredded (or use roasted/rotisserie chicken)
- 4 large broccoli crowns chopped (or use 1lb bag of frozen broccoli, just know that it'll be a bit watery if you use frozen)
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Make cream of chicken soup-melt butter in small saucepan, over medium-low heat.
Whisk in flour until smooth, then add chicken stock and milk. Whisk again, until smooth. (if using cream of chicken soup, skip steps 1, 2.
Mix cream of chicken soup and plain yogurt in medium bowl; add curry powder, salt and pepper.
Spray casserole dish with cooking spray, to coat
Layer in chicken and broccoli.
Pour soup/yogurt mixture over chicken and broccoli, top with cheddar cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve with rice (use brown rice for the extra fiber & health benefits)
- Use flour, chicken stock, and milk to DIY cream of chicken soup, if using cream of chicken soup, skip steps 1 & 2 in recipe instructions
- You can swap chicken stock for bouillon paste (follow directions on bottle)
- Use white rice instead of brown if desired.