Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Combine some hearty vegetables, eggs, cheese and your favorite sausage to make this sausage and egg casserole that's an easy and super delicious breakfast that will make you look forward to waking up.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 12 portions
Glass Casserole Pan
Large Fry Pan
Large mixing bowl
- 2 pounds breakfast sausage
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups kale washed and chopped
- 1 medium shallot, diced OR 1/2 onion, and 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + more to cover top if desired
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Heat cast iron skillet or medium sized sautee pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray, add 2 lbs breakfast sausage to hot skillet. Separate meat to crumble and cook until done. About 10 minutes.
While sausage is cooking, heat oven to 350 degrees, and mix together 12 eggs and 2 cups milk in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
Mince one shallot, dice a green pepper, and remove leaves then chop up a bunch of kale (about 2-3 cups, chopped). Mix vegetables and 1 c shredded cheddar cheese into egg mixture.
When sausage is done cooking, add to egg mixture and stir together. Spray a 9x13 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into pan.
Top with more shredded cheese if desired. Cook for 30 minutes, or until eggs are cooked all the way through. Serve, refrigerate, or freeze for breakfast for the week.
- Use your favorite sweet breakfast sausage.
- Use leftover vegetables in your fridge/kitchen, or buy pre-chopped vegetables for convenience.
- Slice into 8-12 pieces and freeze individual portions for quick breakfasts and lunches