Pear Arugula and Prosciutto Pizza
This pear arugula and prosciutto pizza is the perfect late-summer early fall meal. It's fancy and delicious enough to serve while entertaining, but easy enough to maintain your sanity.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 1 pizza
- 1 small pizza crust you can also use uncooked dough or a pita
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/2 whole crunchy pear I used d'Ajnou
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 1 large handful arugula
- balsamic glaze
Preheat oven, set to broil. Remove center and seeds from pear, and slice into thin slices. Place precooked pizza crust on a medium sized baking sheet.
Drizzle 1 tsp olive oil over crust, squeeze lemon juice over olive oil. Spread sliced pear on top of each pita, place 2 slices of prosciutto on pizza. Distribute pieces of goat cheese all around crust.
Place pizza in oven, broil for 2-5 minutes, or until crust and prosciutto brown. Remove from oven.
Top hot pizza with a large handful of fresh arugula and drizzle balsamic glaze over arugula. Slice, and eat immediately.
- Use pita rounds, individual precooked pizza crust, flatbread, or uncooked pizza dough.
- Crunchy pears are better than riper ones to broil. They don't become a mushy mess on my pizza when they're crunchy.
- I bought a few d'Anjou pears, and really liked the mild sweet flavor of them on this pizza.
- Don't forget the lemon juice. This added kick of acid just brings the pizza up a notch.
- Go ahead and pile on the arugula, if you love it like I do!