Easy Halloween Bark with Quinoa
This easy dark chocolate halloween bark with quinoa is the perfect Halloween treat, either before Halloween or to use up your Halloween candy leftovers.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 1 sheet pan
Microwave safe bowl
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1 cup assorted Halloween candy
Add quinoa to a small saucepan, cook over medium heat, stir consistently for about 5-7 minutes or until quinoa begins to get toasted. Remove immediately if it starts to burn.
While quinoa is toasting, cut up candy bars into bitesized chunks, prepare candies to place on chocolate.
Near end of toasting quinoa, add chocolate chips to microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave for about 1-1.5 minutes, in 30 second intervals. Stir with spatula every 30 seconds. Remove from microwave when chocolate is almost all melted and shiny. Stir and set aside.
Remove quinoa from saucepan. Pour into chocolate, and stir together. Get a 1/2 size baking sheet out, line it with a baking liner or parchment paper. Pour chocolate and quinoa mixture over baking sheet, spread thin with a spatula. Spread to about 2 cm thick or so.
Sprinkle candies over chocolate, place in refrigerator for about an hour, or freezer for about 15 minutes to quickly harden bark. Break up with hands, and serve immediately, or place in sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
- The quinoa goes from golden brown to burned really quickly, stay close to your toasting quinoa.
- Stop and stir chocolate every 30 or so seconds so chocolate doesn't get overcooked, and chocolate can get really smooth.
- You don't have to use the candy I did, use your favorites, or whatever is leftover after Halloween
- This is a great way to use up leftover Halloween candy.
- Make sure the chocolate bark is at least a couple centimeters thick so it holds the candy without breaking. It doesn't need to be very thick!