Melanie's 30 Minute Pumpkin Chili with Ground Turkey
Enjoy the best fall flavors with this really easy 30 minute pumpkin chili recipe with ground turkey. It's delicious, easy, and packed with fiber.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 1 person
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion yellow or white
- 1/2 whole garlic clove minced
- 1/4 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cayanne pepper to taste
- 1/4 whole green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/2 cans red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 can (14.5oz) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cans (14.5oz) diced tomatoes including liquid
- 1/4 can (14.5oz) pumpkin puree
- water to desired thickness
- cheddar cheese for topping
Add 1 tsp olive oil, 1/4 c onions, 1/2 tbsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp salt, and a dash of cayanne pepper to large cold saucepan. Heat saucepan, and stir occasionally. Once onions are translucent, add 1/2 clove of garlic and 1/4 lb ground turkey. Sautee until turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to large pot if saucepan isn't big enough for the rest of the ingredients.
Add 1/4 whole bell pepper, 1/4 c corn, 1/2 can kidney beans, 1/4 can black beans, 1/2 can tomato, and 1/4 can pumpkin to turkey mixture. Stir together. Add water to desired thickness. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve with cheddar cheese and your favorite crusty bread.
- Add all the spice to cook with the onions, this brings out the flavor of the spices.
- Add garlic after onions are translucent, so they don't burn.
- Use any color bell pepper. Green bell peppers are usually the least expensive.
- Pay close attention to the canned ingredients you buy. Make sure to buy plain pumpkin puree & plain diced tomatoes. Pumpkin is often near pumpkin pie filling, which has spices you don't want, and many cans of diced tomatoes include Italian seasonings, which you don't want either.
- Buy both types of beans, and freeze leftovers or use them in tacos, quesadillas, other chilis, or on salads.