Fig and Prosciutto Pizza
This warm fig and prosciutto pizza is drizzled with either a balsamic glaze or maple syrup. It makes for the perfect late summer/early fall appetizer or light meal.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 1 pizza
- 1 Small pizza crust or naan flatbread
- 1-2 small black figs sliced thin
- 1 slice prosciutto sliced
- 1/8 cup green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/2-1 ounce goat cheese
- pure maple syrup OR
- balsamic glaze
- kosher salt
Turn oven onto broil. Drizzle about 2 tsp olive oil over crust. Spread it out over whole crust with the back of a spoon.
Crumble, and then evenly distribute 1/2-1 oz goat cheese over crust. Then top with 2 sliced figs, one slice prosciutto, and 1/8 c chopped green bell peppers.
Broil in oven until prosciutto and crust are golden brown. About 5-8 minutes.
Cut pizzas, drizzle maple syrup or balsamic glaze over pizza, sprinkle with kosher salt, and enjoy.
- Use pita, naan, or precooked pizza crust to save time. You can also buy pizza dough or make your own. Here's my favorite homemade pizza dough recipe.
- Distribute cheese first, the order of remaining ingredients doesn't matter as much.
- Use either black or green figs, depending on availability and price. Use any color bell pepper for this recipe.
- Top with arugula for an added crunch