Healthy Breakfast Tacos
These freezer healthy breakfast tacos will make you like mornings. Pop these frozen guys in the microwave for an easy and delicious breakfast
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 tacos
small mixing bowl
- 2 tablespoons canola oil separated
- 1 cup vegetables of choice ie: onions, mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers
- 1 cup frozen hashbrowns or fresh russet potatoes
- 6 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas 10" for burritos, 6" for tacos
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
Add (1 T) canola oil to large sautee pan, sautee (1 c) chopped vegetables for about 5 minutes.
Add (1 c) hashbrowns and extra tablespoon of oil, cook until crispy. About 10 minutes. While potatoes are cooking, mix together 6 eggs, (1/2 c) milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Once potatoes are cooked, pour egg mixture over vegetable mixture. Fold mixture over until cooked thoroughly, or until eggs are solid and there's little-no liquid left in pan. Check for salt and pepper flavor preference.
Top with cheddar cheese. Fill six 6" tortillas with mixture.
To make FREEZER tacos: Evenly distribute egg/potato mixture into middle of taco or burrito sized tortillas. A 10" or larger tortilla is important to keep all filling inside tortilla! No need to wrap each taco/burrito individually, unless you'd like to take them on the road. Then it's better to wrap them individually.
Microwave burrito, open side down, on high for 60 seconds when ready to eat. Add favorite toppings, and enjoy!
- Important note about homemade hashbrowns. After shredding/grating potatoes, immerse in a cold water bath, then pat dry to remove remaining water. This helps remove some of the starch from the potatoes. Who really wants to eat gooey sticky potatoes?
- You can also top with your favorite salsa, avocado, or ketchup if you'd like! (add when eating if making freezer burritos)