Easy Beet and Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese
Fresh beets, arugula, hemp hearts, and goat cheese are drizzled with a balsamic glaze and topped off with lemon juice for this easy and delicious beet and arugula salad.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 1 person
Large mixing bowl
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 whole beet cooked and chopped
- 1 oz goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon hemp hearts
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic glaze such as Sprout's brand
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Assemble salad by starting with arugula (2 c), then add chopped beets (1/2 whole), using a spoon, scoop up goat cheese (1 oz) and place into 3-4 dollops on salad, sprinkle hemp hearts (1 tsp) on top.
Then drizzle balsamic glaze (1/2 tbsp) over salad and squeeze lemon juice (1/2 tsp) on top.
Finish with freshly ground salt and pepper if desired.
- Want to steam your own beets? Follow these simple instructions
- Add grilled chicken or edamame & a slice of your favorite crusty bread to make this salad into a full meal.
- You can substitute the balsamic glaze with a drizzle of olive oil & balsamic vinegar.