Protein Mac and Cheese
Hate cooking an extra protein when you make pasta? Make this high protein mac and cheese with an extra secret protein source.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 1 person
High powered blender
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup elbow macaroni
- 1/4 whole block of silken tofu
- 1/4 cup milk I used 2%, you can use any %age
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Bring water and salt (1 tsp) to a boil, in a medium sized pot, over medium-high heat. Cook pasta in this water according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, add tofu (1/4 package), milk (1/4 c), and garlic salt (1/4 tsp) to blender, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Once pasta is al dente, drain water. Return pasta to cooking pot, pour tofu, milk mixture over pasta, butter (1 tsp), and sprinkle cheese (2/3 c) over pasta. Stir together until pasta is coated, and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Add your favorite vegetables to the mac and cheese, or have on the side
- If you're reheating the macaroni, add a dash of milk and stir together to make it creamy again.