No-Mayo Potato Salad
This light and tangy potato salad with bacon and vegetables is the perfect summer side.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 1 pound medium red potatoes cut in half
- 1 cup water
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup grape or cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 stock celery choppe
- 1 whole green onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
Cook Potatoes: Pour 1 cup water in Instant Pot bowl then place 1 lb of evenly sized potatoes on steamer basket in Instant Pot bowl. Secure lid of instant pot and set vent to SEALING. Set to STEAM, and set timer to 10 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for about 5-7 minutes after timer goes off. Then open vent, remove lid, and take potatoes out of the Instant Pot. Cut into even sized pieces. Place in medium sized mixing bowl.
While potatoes are cooking, place 2 slices of bacon on a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until desired crispiness, between 5-10 minutes. Once done, set aside. Pour excess grease into heat safe bowl to save for later. Chop bacon once it's cooled enough to handle.
Mix salad dressing together by adding 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard, and 1/4 tsp salt to a small mixing bowl. Mix until incorporated.
Add remaining vegetables and bacon to mixing bowl. Pour dressing over vegetables, and mix until well incorporated. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until use.
- Turn this into an entree by cooking chicken with the bacon
- This salad makes great leftovers, letting it sit and marinade in the fridge will make it even more flavorful!