Easy Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce
Forget the canned caramel sauce, take a few minutes to make your very own easy 10 minute peanut butter caramel sauce. No candy thermometer needed.
Servings 1 cup
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter powder
Add 1/2 c heavy whipping cream, 4 T butter, and 3/4 c brown sugar to pot. Cook over medium-low heat. Stir regularly.
Caramel will develop consistent bubbles and will thicken up a bit. Stir occasionally.
Check caramel at 7 minutes, if it's thickened a bit, then take it off heat source, if not cook for 2 more minuets. Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tsp peanut butter powder, then serve or pour into a glass bottle and refrigerate to save for later.
Dip apples, graham crackers, and other treats into this caramel sauce.
- Peanut butter powder is a great flavor enhancer for this caramel
- Use dark brown sugar to get a deeper caramel flavor.
- Do not stir while cooking, or caramel may become clumpy.
- Remove right before you think it's thick enough. Once it seems thick enough, it'll harden pretty easily.
- Swap peanut butter powder for 1-2 tsp creamy peanut butter if you don't have peanut butter powder.
- Dip apples, graham crackers, and other treats into this caramel