Chicken Broccoli Divan
Make dinner tonight a snap with this super easy 30 minute Chicken Broccoli Divan casserole for one + leftovers. Juicy chicken, tender broccoli, and a creamy sauce top brown rice.
Servings 2 people
- 1/3 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chicken breast chopped
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare rice according to package directions.
Make Sauce by mixing 1/3 can cream of chicken soup and 1/3 c plain yogurt in medium bowl; add 1/3 tsp curry powder, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
Spray casserole dish with cooking spray, to coat.
Layer in 1 c cubed uncooked chicken and 1 c chopped broccoli.
Pour soup/yogurt mixture over chicken and broccoli, top with 1/4 c shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve immediately over rice.
- DIY Cream of Chicken soup by adding 2 tsp butter, 1/8 c chicken broth* and 1/8 c milk to a small pot over medium-low heat. Whisk in 1 T flour, Whisk until smooth. *I recommend using bouillon paste to make broth.
- Chop up broccoli florets and stalks, remove outer layers of stalks to reduce food waste.
- If using precooked chicken, start by baking for 15 minutes, and remove when top is golden brown and bubbly.