Easy Bananas Foster Pancakes
Need an easy, yet delicious dish to celebrate the weekend or mom on Mother's Day? These easy bananas foster pancakes are not only bursting with flavor, they're packed with whole grains, and is super easy for the little hands in your family.
Servings 2 people
- 1 cup whole grain pancake mix follow mix instructions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 ripe bananas sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pure maple syrup
- toasted pecans
Prepare and cook 1 cup pancake mix, according to mix instructions.
Heat small saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add 2 T butter and 1.5 T brown sugar to pan. Stir until incorporated and bubbly. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
Add 2 sliced ripe bananas to butter and sugar mixture, lower heat to med-low. Stir occasionally until bananas are softened and coated evenly with butter and sugar mixture, about 3-5 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon after bananas are softened. Stir together.
Top pancakes with bananas and pure maple syrup. Add toasted pecans if desired.
- Use your favorite pancake mix, my 2 favorites are Bob's Red Mill pancake mix & Kodiak Cakes mix.
- Dark brown sugar has a lot of sweet molasses flavor which is great for this recipe. Use dark brown sugar if you have it!
- Make sure to use ripe bananas, they'll have more flavor, be sweeter, and have a softer texture than green ones.
- Don't overcook bananas, they turn to a hard mush.