Sparkling Berry Lemonade
Now that it's getting warmer, it's time to get creative with hydration. This sparkling berry lemonade is packed with antioxidants from the berries, tartness from the lemonade, and 100 levels of refresh.
Servings 4 cups
Carafe or Pitcher
- 2 cups lemonade
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup berries slice strawberries
Add ~1 c sliced berries to a small jar or bowl. Press down with muddler or potato masher. Set aside.
Make the lemonade. Pour 3/4 c lemon juice (about 2 large lemons) a pitcher or carafe. Sprinkle 1/3 c of sugar over lemon juice.
Then carefully pour 3 c sparkling water over lemon and sugar, add mashed berries. Stir with wooden spoon.
- Use fresh or thawed frozen berries (either strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or a combination of them)
- If you like smoother berry puree, blend together in a blender or food processor
- Strain berry puree through mesh strainer to remove seeds
- Use pre-made lemonade to save time
- Taste lemonade and adjust sugar, lemon juice, or sparkling water to your preference
- You can also use other types of sugar (in equal parts) like turbinado sugar, honey, etc