Easy Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Dressing
This easy spinach strawberry salad with balsamic dressing is bursting with flavor, is easy, and is perfect for spring and summer dinners. Add some grilled chicken and a slice of bread to your salad to make it a full meal.
Servings 1 person
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard for salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic for salad dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar for salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for salad dressing
- salt & pepper to taste for salad dressing
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach washed & dried
- 1 cup fresh strawberries thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- grilled chicken breast
- 1/2 whole avocado
Add all salad dressing ingredients (1/4 tsp dijon, 1/4 tsp garlic, 1/4 c balsamic vinegar, 1 T olive oil and salt/pepper) to mixing bowl. Whisk until well incorporated. Set aside.
Add 2 c spinach, 1 c strawberries, 1/2 avocado-sliced, 1/4 c pistachios, and 1 T hemp hearts to serving bowl. Add grilled chicken. Drizzle dressing over salad right before serving. Enjoy
- Buy pre-minced garlic in a jar to save time
- Make extra dressing for more salads or to marinate chicken or steak.
- Swap chicken for steak, edamame, or tofu
- Dress salad right before serving so it doesn't get soggy