Cajun Foil Packets
Whether you're camping or need a really easy dinner that requires zero clean-up, these super simple cajun foil packets are perfect. They're filled with shrimp, potatoes, corn and other seasonal veggies.
Servings 1 person
- 1 ear fresh corn
- 1/4 pound yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1 link andouille sausage
- 1/4 pound frozen shrimp
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat grill (or oven) Cut 1-2 sheets of tin foil (about 14-16 inches long). Use 1 heavy duty sheet per packet, or 2 if not heavy duty tin foil. Set aside.
Quarter ear of corn by scoring the cob and breaking it into 4 pieces. Cut 1/4 lb potatoes into 6-8 similar sized bites, also cut 1/2 whole zucchini into bite sized pieces.
Slice one andouille sausage with a good serrated knife. Add all ingredients (including 1/4 lb frozen shrimp) into large mixing bowl.
Pour olive oil and sprinkle cajun seasoning over ingredients, mix until well combined.
Place tin foil on baking sheet or flat counter to assemble packet. Pour mixture into center of tin foil sheet. Pull up sides and fold over to create a packet. Place packets on grill and cook for 15 minutes. Check doneness of potatoes. Remove when potatoes are tender. Serve immediately.
- Use Yukon gold or russet potatoes. And chop small, so they cook quicker. They can take forever!
- Use whatever vegetables you have on hand. Zucchini is best & easiest, but all veggies can go nearly everywhere!
- Make sure to use frozen shrimp, they will cook perfectly and contribute some liquid to the foil dinners.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven if you don't have a grill or fire.