Shaved Zucchini Salad with Feta
This simple zucchini salad with feta cheese is refreshing, delicious, and perfect for a quick summer meal or a BBQ RECIPE
Servings 1 person
small mixing bowl
- 1/2 large zucchini
- 1/4 cup corn fresh or thawed
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lightly salted unshelled sunflower seeds
- sprinkle red pepper flakes or to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
First step is to cut zucchini. Slice zucchini in half, and then use a vegetable peeler or mandolin to shave off thin slices of zucchini. It's similar to how you'd peel carrots. Press down firmly, and know that they may not all be even slices, but that's ok.
Once zucchini is cut, place it in a medium sized bowl. Add 1/4 cup corn, 1 oz feta to bowl.
Make dressing by adding 1 tsp lemon juice & a pinch of red pepper flakes to 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Drizzle over salad before serving.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, toss & enjoy.
- Slice zucchini in half to make peeling easier
You can also use a mandolin. I've used both, they're equally easy.
- Buy zoodles to save more time
- Make just enough to eat right away, this stores fine, but isn't nearly as good after being refrigerated. Or dress each salad before serving to save leftovers.
- Add more red pepper flakes if you'd like it spicy, or less for less spicy. Dressing will continue to get spicier as it sits out.