Italian Sausage Tortellini
This Italian sausage tortellini is so good you'll quickly add it to your easy weeknight meal rotation. It's easy, delicious, and definitely a family favorite.
Servings 4 people
- 1 pound cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 links Italian sausage sliced
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Cook 1 package cheese tortellini according to package directions. Remove from water and set aside when done.
Pour about a tablespoon of olive oil in large hot saucepan. Add 4 links sliced Italian sausage, and cook until sausage is browned. Add 2 c mixed veggies and sautee until softened.
When vegetables and sausage are cooked, add tortellini back to veggies and sausage, add remaining 3 T olive oil. Pour in 1 c marinated artichokes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir all together, then grate fresh parmesan cheese on top to serve.
- Want to just make one serving? Click on the number of servings in the recipe card and move the slider to 1 and use the ingredient amounts in the recipe card
- Use fresh or frozen vegetables that you have on hand. Zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, & tomatoes are a few ideas. If using frozen vegetables, cook them a bit longer to evaporate the extra water in them.
- Pour some of the marinated artichoke liquid into the tortellini to add some tang to the recipe. Start with a tablespoon.