5 Minute Asian Coleslaw
This easy 5 minute Asian slaw is the perfect quick and flavor packed side salad. It's quick, delicious, and a perfect side dish for dinner or to take to a potluck. You can buy a bag of slaw and quickly make the dressing for the easiest homemade side dish.
Servings 2 people
- 1/2 whole red pepper sliced
- 1 whole green onion sliced thinly
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound bag shredded coleslaw
Add all ingredients of dressing to a small mason jar (with a lid): soy sauce, lemon juice, oil & sesame oil. Put lid on jar and shake. Set aside
Mix together coleslaw and red peppers. Add salad dressing just prior to serving. Save remaining dressing to use on other vegetables or as a marinade.
Chop up 1/2 whole red bell pepper and 1 green onion. Place in medium mixing bowl.
Pour in 1.5 T soy sauce, 1 T lemon juice, 1 T canola oil, and 1/2 T sesame oil over chopped vegetables. Mix together.
Add 1/2 bag coleslaw (or 2 cups shredded cabbage) to dressed vegetables, mix together. Serve immediately.
- Use any color of bell pepper. Red, orange, and yellow will be sweeter, and green will be less expensive.
- If not serving whole recipe at once, mix dressing in separate bowl and mix together prior to eating.
- You can shred your own cabbage and other veggies too, but using a bag of pre-shredded coleslaw will be easier and save you time