15 Minute Pasta
Need a super easy and delicious meal that's ready to eat in 15 minutes? This simple pasta recipe fits the bill and tastes like it's been simmered all day. Plus it's a recipe you can make with nearly all pantry ingredients, just grab some Italian sausage or use another protein in your pantry and you're ready to go.
Servings 1 person
- 1/2 cup dry pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 onion chopped
- 1 precooked Italian sausage
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh/dried basil
- grated parmesan cheese
Prepare pasta by cooking 1/2 c pasta according to box directions.
Place saucepan on burner, at medium heat. Slice 1/8 whole yellow onion and one sausage. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, then sausage and onions to saucepan, once it's been heated. Cook until sausage is browned, about 3-5 minutes.
Once sausage is browned, add 1/2 can of diced tomatoes, 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper to tomatoes. Cover and cook on medium heat for at least 5 minutes.
Pour pasta into bowl, then top with sauce and sausage. Top with grated parmesan cheese and thinly sliced basil.
- It's ok if onions aren't soft yet, but they'll continue to cook with the tomatoes.
- Use your favorite sausage, and freeze leftover sausages if they won't be eaten in 3-5 days.
- If you have extra time, lower heat to low and cook sauce for longer. Just stir occasionally.