15 Minute Easy Vegetarian Chili
Want an easy vegetarian chili to warm up on a cold winters night? Look no farther than your kitchen for all the ingredients you'll need for this 15 minute chili.
Servings 2 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can kidney beans (~15 oz)
- 1 tablespoon green chiles
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with liquids (~15 oz)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 whole green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- sharp cheddar cheese (optional) shredded
Heat large saucepan over medium/high heat. Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil for 3-5 minutes. While onion and garlic are cooking, dice green bell pepper.
Add beans, chiles, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bell pepper, and spices to onion mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve and top with cheddar cheese and cornbread muffins (recipe in notes)
How to make the cornbread -use a box of Kodiak Cake cornbread mix, follow instructions for green chile cornbread, use same green chile can from chili recipe)