Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
Peanut butter, banana, and chocolate all converge to create the most delicious breakfast that's sweet enough to enjoy for dessert too.
Servings 1 cup
- 1/8 cup dry chia seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk I used 1%
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 soft banana mashed
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips chopped
Mix together 1/8 c chia seeds and 3/4 c water in a medium sized bowl. Let sit on counter for 10-15 minutes. (do not let sit in fridge-it gets goopy). And stir occasionally.
Add 1/4 c milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract after chia seeds have set, stir together.
Top with 1/2 mashed banana, 1 T peanut butter, and 1 T chopped chocolate chips.
- Occasionally stir chia pudding and break up globs of chia seeds while it's sitting out so it doesn't get gloppy.
- The higher fat milk you use, the creamier the pudding will be. But just use what you've got on hand/what you like best for the easiest recipe.
- Use a ripe banana so it's easily mashed, and use your favorite type of peanut butter & chocolate chips. I like creamy peanut butter & semi-sweet chocolate chips in this pudding.
- Taste and feel free to add some sugar if it's not sweet enough.