Easy White Bean and Farro Bowl
Clean out your fridge and pantry with this easy white bean and farro bowl. It's packed with satisfying ingredients and subtle flavor.
Servings 1 person
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked farro
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 whole leek
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 1/2 whole carrot
- 1/8 whole white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup cannellini beans
Bring 2 c chicken broth to a boil, in a medium pot. Add 1/3 c uncooked farro to boiling water, cook, covered for 20-30 minutes, or until farro is chewy and tender.
While farro is cooking, slice 1/3 whole leek thinly, then rinse well. Slice 1/2 stalk celery, 1/2 whole carrot, and 1/8 whole onion into evenly sliced pieces. Add veggies and 1/2 tbsp butter to hot frying pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes, then add 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning and 2/3 c cooked Cannellini beans, cook for another 3-5 minutes or until leeks and beans are soft and warm.
Layer farro, then beans and vegetables into a bowl. Eat immediately.
- Use vegetable broth (and olive oil) to make this vegan.
- Buy precooked farro to save time.
- Swap leeks for shallots if you don't have any.
- Substitute any white bean for Cannellini beans
- Save leftover veggies to use in chicken noodle or another simple broth soup.