Grilled Lamb Steaks with Asparagus
This is the easiest grilled lamb steak recipe. It's an tender, juicy, and flavorful dinner paired with grilled asparagus.
Servings 1 person
Grill or Stovetop Grill
small mixing bowl
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 4 oz lamb steak
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 10 stocks asparagus and other vegetables if desired
- 1/2 whole lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram
Start by marinating your 4 oz lamb steak in 1 T plain yogurt for 15 minutes to two hours before grilling. The acidity of the yogurt quickly tenderizes the meat, and adds another layer of flavor.
After the lamb has rested, remove excess yogurt before grilling so it doesn't burn. Uuse a clean paper towel to blot the yogurt off. Then season with 1 tsp lemon pepper & place on a hot grill.
Add 10 stocks fresh asparagus to the grill right away. They'll take about the same amount of time to cook.
Grill the lamb for 5 minutes on each side for a medium-rare steak. Your steak will come off the grill easily once it's cooked enough.
Remove once it's done. You can check with a meat thermometer. The meat should be 145+ degrees in the middle. 170 degrees is well done, so I usually like my steaks between 145-160 degrees for a nice medium-rare.
Make sure to let it stand for 10 minutes before eating. This will seal in the juices, so you'll get a tender and juicy steak instead of a juicy plate.
- It's hard to get exactly 4 oz of meat, adjust seasonings depending on how many oz your steak is.
- You can also use lamb chops in this recipe
- Use whatever veggies you have. Carrots, eggplant, zucchini, green beans, and onions are great on the grill.