Easy Overnight Oats with Greek Yogurt
Skip the drive-thru & empty belly, take a few minutes to prep these easy overnight oats with Greek yogurt to spend NO time making breakfast in the morning.
Servings 1 person
- 1/2 cup dry oats like old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt flavored or plain
- 1/2 small banana sliced or mashed
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter powder
- 1/2 cup frozen berries or other fruit
- 1/2 cup milk or more if desired
Add 1/2 c old fashioned rolled oats to a mason jar or travel bowl, 1/2 c Greek yogurt, layer in fruit, peanut butter powder, and chia seeds (in no particular order). Cover oats with 1/2 c milk.
Refrigerate at least overnight, or for up to 4 days. Grab in the morning, and enjoy hot or cold.
- Old fashioned oats work best because they don't get mushy (like quick cook oats) and aren't too chewy (like steel cut oats).
- Use whatever fresh or frozen fruit you have on hand like strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, mango, apple, & banana.
- Other great toppings: Fresh fruit, nut butter, flax seeds, chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla, or jam.
- If you have a narrow jar or bowl, add the milk in before the yogurt so you don't have to stir!
- If yogurt blocks milk from soaking into the oats, secure a lid on top and shake until oats are submerged. Stir before eating.