Easy Indoor S’mores with 3 Fun New Toppings
No outdoor fire needed for these easy indoor s’mores. These are made on the stove or in the oven, and have 3 fun new toppings to make them extra delish.
S’mores & I have a long history. this summer time fave has always been my go to when camping, bonfiring, and just sweet tooth-ing. I fondly (& grossly) remember trying to roast mini mallows over a scented candle with my sister as a kid. We were desperate, and fortunately the candle was vanilla scented, but nonetheless they still tasted… not so great.
I’d also throw a handful of mallows + chocolate chips into the micro & cook them until the mallows would puff up 5x bigger than original, then dip pretzels & graham crackers into it, it wasn’t charred or smokey, but still hit the spot. Needless to say, I’m a s’more fiend.
S’mores in themselves are fun, roasting or charring a soft marshmallow over an open flame in the woods or the backyard was always an experience. The s’mores are delicious, but the experience of chatting around a blazing fire can’t be beat. But it takes purposeful timing (aka darkness because a. it’s too fracking hot to roast during the day, and b. it’s all about the full experience), wood, and patience to cultivate a roaring fire that’s hot enough to perfectly char each mallow. It also takes a freaking shower afterward, because smokey hair is just the worst. I have found that a sweatshirt with a hood does a good job, but again, that heat makes it kinda unbearable to pile on the layers.
If you have any tips for not stinking like a fire pit, let me know!
Ok, since outdoor s’mores are classic and wonderful, but not always accessible, here’s my solution-indoor s’mores.
You honestly can roast them over a hot stove (gas & electric work great), or roast in the oven if you don’t want to roast your hand or want to batch cook a ton of mallows. Your choice.
But again, the classic graham + chocolate + mallow combo is fab, but I can do you one better.
Actually, for me, as I’ve tried to be a more mindful eater, I really don’t like s’mores made with milk chocolate. So much so, that I remember roasting mallows for s’mores last summer and giving mine away because it was really lack-luster. That’s coming from, as I said before, a s’mores fiend.
No outdoor fire needed for these easy indoor s'mores. These are made on the stove or in the oven, and have 3 fun new toppings to make them extra delish.
- 4-8 graham crackers
- 4-8 large marshmallows
- 2 bars dark chocolate, large or your favorite chocolate bar
Turn oven on to roast. Set out all ingredients. Place marshmallows on a baking sheet covered by a baking mat or parchment paper. OR you can roast them over your stove...
Place baking sheet in oven, check in 3 minutes, then again in 5 depending on how long your oven has been heating up. Remove when they've hit your desired browned-ness.
If roasting them over your stove, turn stove on to high, wait until coils (if electric) are red hot or flame is consistent on a gas stove. Spear marshmallow with a fork to roast over stove. Roast until desired doneness.
Place chocolate and desired toppings on graham crackers, place marshmallow on top and cover with 2nd graham cracker. Enjoy.
- Berries: raspberries are my absolute favorite topping, but blueberries and strawberries are also delicious
- Banana: take it a step farther by roasting your banana. Or just slice thinly to cover your chocolate square. It's like a banana split but without the melty ice cream.
- Chocolate covered peanut butter cups: ok, again dark chocolate fiend here, Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups are all I need in life, you can also totally use Reese's. A smear of peanut butter is also so great.
- BONUS: chocolate chip cookies. Instead of graham crackers, top a delicious chocolate chip cookie with your mallow and fruit.
Please excuse me while I go roast a mallow. Ha! Excuse me, another mallow.
Let’s get chatty:
- What’s your fave s’mores topping?
- Have you tried making s’mores indoors?
Check out more delicious photos on Instagram & make sure to follow along.
Pin for later…
- S'mores Recipe Round-Up! - Chocolate Covered Cheetah - […] Easy Indoor S’mores by Rebecca of Nourish Nutrition Blog – Rebecca gives you instructions for making S’mores indoors! So no matter…