Game Day Jalapeño Cheddar Dip
By posting this Jalapeño Cheddar Dip recipe I am entering a recipe challenge sponsored by Cabot Creamery and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
My first visit to Cabot Creamery
About 10 years ago, while on vacation, my family visited this New England creamery. There are two things I remember about that visit:
- It stunk like cow poop and sour milk
- The cheese and ice cream we tasted was divine
Turns out it was the Cabot creamery, I’ve always lived on the west coast, so unfortunately no Cabot cheeses around (or so I thought…). Needless to say, when this opportunity to get free product & create a game day recipe opened up, and faster than I realized, I was signing up for the free cheese & recipe contest.
My friends and I have all benefited greatly from these cheeses, and I’ll have to find a reasonable solution to being so far away from the sale of these creamy and delicious cheeses.
The Cheddar White Oak from their Legacy collection is probably my favorite! It’s got a nice bite, creaminess, and melts exceptionally well. I took it to a work party, and the whole block was gone within minutes. Turns out everyone (including me) just ate the cheese plain, no crackers no nothin! The Pepper jack is awesome too! A bit more pepper than ones I usually get (which I love), and again it melts really well. I made so many grilled cheeses with the pepper jack & Seriously Sharp!
A bit about Cabot cheddars:
- They’re made with all natural ingredients
- They’re naturally gluten and lactose free
- Owned by dairy farmers so 100% of the profits go to the farmers (they deserve it!)
- Their cheddars are award winning, including “World’s Best Cheddar”
- Cabot is cooperative owned by 1200 farmers throughout New England and New York
- They make cheeses as well as Greek-style yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, and butter
Check out this store list to see if Cabot cheeses are sold near your house:
Now on to the main event!
I was thinking of my favorite cheesy snacks. They include mozzarella sticks and spinach artichoke dip. Honestly, I tried to bake the mozzarella sticks and failed miserably, plus the sharpness was a bit too much for me. Lame huh?!
So it was on to a cheesy dip. In efforts to make a traditional cheesy dip healthier for game day, I substituted the cream cheese for pureed cauliflower and it is……awesome! Hence the Jalapeño Cheddar Dip.
Since the only thing in football I care about are the Seahawks, a blue and green theme was a must! So we’ve got blue corn chips, jalapeños, and spinach.
Lighten up your favorite game day snacks with this healthier and veggie filled jalapeno cheddar dip. It's full of nutrients, spice, and cheesy goodness. Dip your favorite chips or vegetables into this cheesy, creamy, and spicy dip. It's a touchdown of a dip.
- 6 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 medium head of cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen spinach thawed, liquid removed
- 1 whole jalapeno sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Boil water in shallow pan, add chopped cauliflower once boiling. Steam cauliflower until softened, about 3-5 mins. Once soft, spoon cauliflower into food processor or high powered blender. Add Greek yogurt to cauliflower mixture.
Mix cauliflower, spinach, and Greek yogurt until smooth. Then add grated cheese, jalapeno, garlic powder, and salt
Pour mixture into shallow baking dishes or ramekins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.
you can adjust the amount of jalapeno added to your desired spiciness. Canned jalapenos work well too.
- 75+ Yogurt Recipes plus a siggi's giveaway! - Your Choice Nutrition - […] Game Day Jalapeño Cheddar Dip via Nourish Nutrition Co. […]