It’s time for the Wild Your Smoothie contest again! Last year, I tried wild blueberries for the first time as part of this contest! I learned that they have a much more vibrant flavor and they’re actually packed with more of those desirable antioxidants than their regular blueberry counterpart, you know those antioxidants that we love to get from fruit to help us stay illness free. This is why I just go for wild blueberries when I buy these frozen guys now…. and they’re soooo delicious!
“By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Wild Blueberries and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Last year, I shared a delicious wild blueberry mojito smoothie. Oh boy how much has changed since then-including actually getting runner-up in the last Wild Blueberry contest! My delicious and way too easy turkey & brie sandwich with wild blueberry mustard banked me an exciting win!
Here are a few other health facts about these frozen Wild Blueberries:
- They’ve got a more intense blueberry flavor (yaaassss!)
- They’ve got about 2x the antioxidants as regular ‘ole blueberries!
- They’ve got a bit less sugar than regular blueberries naturally do. Compound that on not needing as many, and you’ve got quite the combo!
Seriously, they’ll change your life. Check out Wild Blueberries for more info.
Here’s to this wild blueberry smoothie 2.o- a lemon, ginger, and protein infused wild blueberry explosion! Really you can go to your favorite tropical get-away even in the dead of winter in a snap- it’s as delicious as it is easy. All you need is: lemon ginger tea, frozen wild blueberries, vanilla Greek yogurt, water and a blender. Game over!
Did you make this wild blueberry tea smoothie? Leave me a comment & rating to share how it turned out!
3 Ingredient Wild Blueberry Tea Smoothie
- Measuring Cups
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 each lemon and ginger teabag
- 2/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt ~1 individual cup
- 1/2 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
- Steep teabags in boiling water for 3-5 minutes (depending on how strong you want the lemon-ginger flavor). Throw away teabags after tea is made
- Add tea, yogurt, and frozen wild blueberries to blender. Blend until well incorporated. If you’d like it to be thinner, feel free to add more water to smoothie
- Use your favorite brand of tea
- Lemon ginger, lemon, or ginger tea would go best with the blueberries
- You can use plain, vanilla, or blueberry yogurt
- Wild blueberries can be found at most major grocery stores. If you can’t find any, use regular blueberries, but know that they won’t be as flavorful as wild blueberries.