One of my favorite ways to prepare vegetables is to roast them. Try this easiest ever sheet pan roasted vegetables. All you need is 10 minutes prep and 40 minutes hands-off cooking time.
My favorite way to make vegetables is by roasting them, no question. They’re easy, delicious, and really take on a whole new flavor profile when you break down the carbs via heating them. No need to stir them ever few minutes to prevent burning, no hot stove to tempt little children. Ya, they’re pretty great! Plus, you can add any combo of spices or oils to make them taste great with anything!
I made these delicious roasted vegetables with what was leftover from my CSA share this fall. This is the perfect way to use up vegetables that are on about to go bad, which I love because I hate wasting food. SO SO MUCH.
Roasted vegetables are my favorite because:
- They taste amazing. All the natural sweetness comes out in full force, especially in root vegetables. They’re also crispy and you can dress them however the heck you want.
- They’re super easy. You can a) chop veggies ahead of time to throw onto a baking sheet or buy them precut b) season with some fat & spices c) throw them into the oven & let the oven do all the work. Really, can life get any better?
- I love the fact that I can chop and prep the vegetables as the oven is preheating, then toss them into the oven and make the rest of my meal OR get a few chores out of the way while these babes cook all on their own.
- I think they still taste great reheated. Sure they’re not as crispy like when they come right out of the oven, but they maintain the delicious sweetness & stay soft. Sometimes easy is more important than amazing flavor and texture (just sharing a dose of reality, ya know)
Eating Roasted Vegetables Mindfully
Roasted vegetables were one of the first foods that made me stop in my tracks as I was eating. I remember a few years ago, as I was getting into mindful eating, that moment of putting a roasted brussels sprout into my mouth. The crispy outer leaves, the soft inner leaves that nearly melted in my mouth and the actually sweet flavors, no bitterness just sweet earthy brussels sprouts with notes of olive oil and salt & pepper. Right there I knew I had to roast vegetables. This cooking method was a game changer.
Easiest Ever Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
- 2 carrots washed and dried
- 3 beets washed and dried
- handful mild radishes washed and dried
- handful yukon gold potatoes washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Chop all vegetables into similarly sized pieces. Dump all vegetables onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetables, sprinkle seasonings over vegetables. Toss with cleaned hands or spatula to evenly coat vegetables with oil and seasonings.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Turning vegetables 1/2 way through. Pierce potato or beet with a fork to determine doneness. If fork goes in and slides out easily, vegetables are done.
Looking for more EASY cooking inspiration? I’ve got you covered
What are your favorite ways to season vegetables?