These easy huevos rancheros are the perfect reason to get you out of bed on a lazy morning. They’re quick, healthy, vegetarian, and so delicious.
So I had a 1/2 can of refried beans and a couple tortillas that were getting stale. What better use of these ingredients than huevos rancheros? Easy huevos rancheros is the answer. They’re so good and so easy.
These easy huevos rancheros are also a great brunch dish for a small crowd. Everyone can compile their own stack, I mean a good brunch is defined by making your guests do a bit of work, right? At least that’s how it goes at my house.
I’d say the best part of this easy huevos rancheros recipe is the fact that I can cook my eggs so the yolks are cooked to ooey gooey drippy perfection. I’m a lover of a good runny egg, one of the few discoveries I’d made while living in Spain.
Easy Huevos Rancheros
- Small fry pan
- 1 small corn or flour tortilla
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 1-2 tablespoons salsa
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn stove on to medium heat, place large saucepan on heated element, brown tortilla on each side until they get crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add 1/2 tsp mild oil to small saucepan. Crack an egg into sauce pan, cook until yolk reaches desired doneness. Sprinkle salt and pepper once done.
- While egg is cooking, spread about 1/4 c beans on tortilla. Place cooked egg on top of beans, then add 1-2 tbsp salsa. Enjoy immediately.
- Use corn or flour tortillas. Cut tortillas if they're too big.
- For a runny yolk, cook 3-4 minutes, or until white is fully cooked and yolk is wiggly.
- Use refried beans or smashed black beans.
- Optional Toppings: Shredded cheddar cheese, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes.
Here are a few of my favorite egg recipes:
Want more recipes delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up here:
Have you made huevos rancheros before?
Are you a runny egg lover or hater?