These easy huevos rancheros are the perfect reason to get you out of bed on a lazy morning. They’re quick, healthy, vegetarian, and so delicious.
So I had a 1/2 can of refried beans and a couple tortillas that were getting stale. What better use of these ingredients than huevos rancheros? Easy huevos rancheros is the answer. They’re so good and so easy.
These easy huevos rancheros are also a great brunch dish for a small crowd. Everyone can compile their own stack, I mean a good brunch is defined by making your guests do a bit of work, right? At least that’s how it goes at my house.
I’d say the best part of this easy huevos rancheros recipe is the fact that I can cook my eggs so the yolks are cooked to ooey gooey drippy perfection. I’m a lover of a good runny egg, one of the few discoveries I’d made while living in Spain.
Easy Huevos Rancheros
- Small fry pan
- 1 small corn or flour tortilla
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese shredded
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn stove on to medium heat, place large saucepan on heated element, brown tortillas on each side until they get crispy. Remove from heat.
- Spray saucepan with cooking spray, crack 4 eggs into sauce pan, cook until yolk reaches desired doneness. Sprinkle salt and pepper once done
- While eggs are cooking, spread beans on each of the tortillas, top with salsa, cheddar cheese, and then eggs, when done.
- Brown tortillas on stove to make them nice and crispy
- If you don't like over easy eggs, scramble them instead
- Add vegetables too if you'd like
Here are a few of my favorite egg recipes:
Want more recipes delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up here:
Have you made huevos rancheros before?
Are you a runny egg lover or hater?