Caramel sauce is awesome, homemade caramel sauce is even more awesome, but do you know what’s most awesome? Homemade (10 minute!) peanut butter caramel sauce. Ya.
I made the most delicious homemade caramel sauce a bit ago, I shared the recipe here, and want to take your caramel sauce and raise you a peanut butter caramel sauce.
Why I love this recipe
I got peanut butter on my mind after talking to a client about recipes to include powdered peanut butter in other than smoothies. Well, here’s another one. Because who doesn’t love peanut butter?
This sauce is sweet, salty, and just a tad peanut buttery. It makes for a delicious topping to your dessert or some fruit.
Personally, I’ve been enjoying this on the rest of my CSA apples and on top of brownies. What I really love about this sauce (even more than the traditional caramel sauce) is that the protein peanut butter addition adds to my satisfaction when I enjoy this as a sweet snack. I’m a lazy cook (especially when I’m craving something during the work day, which happens a lot), and I need something sweet AND satisfying to curb my craving and get me back to work. This hits the spot.
Here you go…
Easy Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce
- Medium Pot
- rubber spatula
- Glass bottle
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter powder
- Add heavy whipping cream, butter, and brown sugar to pot. Cook over medium-low heat. Stir regularly.
- Caramel will develop consistent bubbles and will thicken up a bit
- Check caramel at 7 minutes, if it's thickened a bit, then take it off heat source, if not cook for 2 more minuets. Add vanilla extract and peanut butter powder, then serve or pour into a glass bottle and refrigerate to save for later.
- Peanut butter powder is a great flavor enhancer for this caramel
- Dip apples, graham crackers, and other treats into this caramel
Want more EASY cooking inspiration? Sign up to get the most delicious & easy recipes straight to your inbox.
Let’s get chatty:
- Have you tried peanut butter caramel?
- What are your favorite foods to make at home vs buy?
PS if you want to eat more intuitively & mindfully, and reject society’s influence on your eating choices, sign up for a free 15 minute call with me (because eating can be so wonderful and you deserve to eat delicious food, and yes that absolutely includes desserts).