This easy shrimp sheet pan dinner with veggies is the perfect weeknight dinner, it takes just 20 minutes and your oven will do 80% of the work.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
I love a good sheet pan recipe. Throw a bunch of ingredients on a cookie sheet, pop it into the oven, and let the oven do all the work…… in less than 30 minutes. Yes please! Sign me up! Switch up your sheet pan dinners with this really easy, flavorful easy shrimp sheet pan dinner with roasted lemons. I may love this most because of the roasted lemons, but it’s really everything that comes together so well that makes this easy dish so repeatable.
how this shrimp sheet pan dinner fits into my lifestyle
Like I said, sheet pan + quick cooking vegetables + lightning speed cooking shrimp = heaven. The shrimp cooks up in 3 minutes, like THREE minutes. Just enough time to grab plates and glasses from the cupboard. I used to not like shrimp that much, but we’ve rekindled our friendship and life is good. If you haven’t tried my other fave shrimp dish, you’ve got to try my easy cajun shrimp boil packets. They’re just as easy, just as packed with flavor, and just as drool worthy. Oops, back to the shrimp sheet pan dinner, it’s stupid easy, and with the roasted lemon and parmesan, it’s delicious and kinda special.
How it’ll make your life easier
You can buy prechopped broccoli/cauliflower to make this the easiest dinner ever. One pan to clean up, and lots of flavor. Really I don’t have much to say other than it’ll make your life infinitely better.
Quick Notes on This Recipe
which veggies are best to roast
You can really roast any vegetables, just make sure that they’re all the same size so they roast evenly. But be aware that the shrimp takes just a few minutes to cook, so to make this work in 20 minutes, you’re going to have to choose quick cooking vegetables. Potatoes, beets, and other thick hard vegetables won’t roast quickly. I’d stick to cauliflower, broccoli, thinly cut carrots, zucchini, and onions.
how to roast lemons
Have you tried roasted lemons before? You’ve got to try them. All you have to do is slice them in half and place them cut side down, roast for at least 5-10 minutes and you’ll have creamy, sweet, lemons to squeeze over the rest of your bowl.
how to thaw the shrimp ahead of time
I like buying frozen shrimp because they’re easy, more affordable, and will last longer than fresh shrimp. For this shrimp sheet pan dinner, I highly recommend using thawed shrimp because they won’t water down the rest of the vegetables when they cook. You can thaw them in the fridge overnight, or if you forget (like I almost always do) you can thaw them in cool water. Just swap out the water every 5 minutes, and they’ll be ready to to add to the vegetables in less than 15 minutes. As in, cover the shrimp with water when you put the veggies in the oven for the first time, then when you’re ready to add the shrimp, they’ll be ready.
how to not dry out the shrimp
DON’T cook them for very long. Since the oven is hot to quickly roast the veggies, you’re only going to leave the shrimp in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Right when they turn pink, they’re ready to come out. My mom says, and my mom is smart.
Easy Shrimp Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 cups chopped broccoli & cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole lemon sliced in half
- 8 medium shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add vegetables to lined or sprayed baking sheet, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix together. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take vegetables out of oven, stir. Add shrimp, lemon halves (cut side down), and grated parmesan cheese in one layer. Bake for another 3-5 minutes, until shrimp are just pink. Remove from oven and serve hot with fresh crusty bread.
- Squeeze roasted lemons over shrimp and vegetables, add more cheese if desired. Enjoy.
easy ways to repurpose this recipe
- Serve over rice, bulgur, or another grain
- Serve over a bed of lettuce for a quick & easy lunch
- Roast an extra lemon to turn this into shrimp scampi. The roasted vegetables and sweet lemon flavor will be delicious with some butter and pasta. I’d recommend sauteeing up some fresh shrimp for this because reheated fish is just not as good as fresh, and the smell…. sometimes it’s terrible.
here are a few more sheet pan meal ideas:
- Sheet Pan Maple Glazed Chicken & Bacon with Brussels Sprouts
- Sheet Pan sausages and root vegetables
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Let’s get chatty:
- What is your fave sheet pan meal?
- What would you add to this shrimp sheet pan dinner?