It’s finally strawberry season, I’ve been celebrating with one of my favorite salads- this easy strawberry salad with balsamic dressing. It’s bursting with flavor, is easy, and super spring/summery.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
I’ve been trying to eat more seasonally, it’s hard because I LOVE fresh produce, but after a summer of fresh garden produce from my garden & the CSA I signed up for last year, I realized that fresh produce is not all created equally. An apple out of season doesn’t hold a candle to the braeburn apples that I get from my favorite farmers market vendor. OMG those apples are amazing. Grocery store strawberries in the winter are just water flavored red berries, but come into the spring they’re better, and bought straight from the farmer’s market (or picked from my garden, yes I just planted strawberries and can’t wait) they’re just incredible.
As I’m working on being a more mindful & intuitive eater (and helping my clients do the same) I realize how important high quality & in season ingredients are to me. I love simple recipes, and you kind of need great ingredients to have delicious and simple dishes. So with that said, I’m sharing a delicious & easy salad recipe to enjoy seasonal strawberries and arugula. So run over to your favorite grocery store or local market to pick up arugula and strawberries and you’ll be on your way to this deliciously simple salad.
how this easy strawberry salad fits into my lifestyle
One complaint I have about salads is that the good ones have lots of ingredients (and I know, that’s what makes them good) but it takes time to prep all those ingredients. It’s just too much work! That’s where this salad comes in, for some reason fruit and nuts are magic salad toppings, they’ve got enough flavor and crunch just by themselves that I don’t have to add everything under the sun to my salad.
How it’ll make your life easier
The only chopping you’ll have to do is slicing the strawberries because the arugula comes in a bag, pre-washed and everything; you can leave the nuts whole; and you can buy pre-minced garlic. Yaaasssss.
Quick Notes on This Recipe
- Buy pre-minced garlic for a really easy garlic boost to any dish
- Pair this simple salad with a juicy steak, or add steak or chicken to the salad itself for a complete meal
- I intentionally include grains with my salads, via grains inside it or some bread on the side. My body feels better and more satisfied with some carbs. Take some time to think about how you feel with or without carbs at a meal. It’s a great exercise to become more of an intuitive eater.
Easy Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard for salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic for salad dressing
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar for salad dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil for salad dressing
- salt & pepper to taste for salad dressing
- 16 ounces fresh arugula washed & dried
- 1 cup fresh strawberries thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- Add all salad dressing ingredients (dijon, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt/pepper) to mixing bowl. Whisk until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Add arugula, strawberries, pistachios, and hemp hearts to serving bowl. Serve with dressing.
Want recipes delivered straight to your inbox + a free15 minute dinners eCookbook?
Let’s get chatty:
• What would you add to this easy strawberry salad?