The Ultimate List of Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
Don’t miss out on all the fun Thanksgiving activities and friends/family time, choose a few of these delicious, nourishing, and EASY Thanksgiving side dish recipes to ease your cooking load.
Thanksgiving can be such a relaxing and fun holiday, unless you’re the one preparing *most* or all of the food. Even as someone who loves spending time in the kitchen, cooking all day (or really all week) and being away from most friends/family is a drag. A major drag.
Growing up, my family always had a pretty small Thanksgiving, it was almost always at our house, possibly with a few family friends, and the food was delicious. But even for a small party, my mom was in the kitchen all week, and all day on Thanksgiving. Us kids would be out playing and staying out of my mom’s hair. I don’t think she’d have it any other way, she’s a great cook and loves cooking, but I’d have it another way.
One year, my sister & I hosted Thanksgiving for extended family. We didn’t have a ton of space, and I actually had to work Thanksgiving day (oh the good ‘ole days of hospital work). We ordered the whole meal from a delicious local grocery store, Harmon’s, and a few people brought homemade sides. It was actually really delicious & really stress free- I literally stopped by the store, waited in line for 5 minutes, and brought a full, ready to eat, meal home. And we ate. It was glorious.
In a perfect world, I’d be somewhere in the middle, either outsourcing to friends/family (hellllllo potluck!), or buying a few easy options to make myself. I love cooking, but I get cooking ADD and can’t spend hours and hours actively cooking for one meal.
So, wherever you are on the spectrum of everything homemade or purchased, here’s a long list of delicious side dishes for your Thanksgiving feast…
Besides, in the wise words of my 90 year old grandma, “Eating out would be great, but then you miss out on the leftovers”. So if anything, do a bit of home cooking to be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor for days…
- Cornbread Stuffing via Kelli Shallal MS, RDN, CD of Hungry Hobby Blog
- Cranberry Orange Bread via Jessica Levinson MS, RD of Small Bites By Jessica
- Black Rice Harvest via Judith Scharman Draughon, MS, RDN, LD author of Lean Body, Smart Life
- Cranberry Walnut Quinoa Salad via Lauren Renlund MPH RD
- Stuffing Drop Biscuits via Emily Cooper RD of Sinful Nutrition
- Roasted Fall Vegetables with Kale Hazlenut Pesto via Rachael Hartley RD, of Rachael Hartley Nutrition
- Roasted Green Beans with Bacon via Kelli Shallal MS, RDN, CD of Hungry Hobby Blog
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprouts, and Cranberries via Kelly Jones, MS, RD, CSSD of Eat Real, Live Well
- Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms with Herbed Breadcrumbs via Rachael Hartley RD, of Rachael Hartley Nutrition
- Award Winning Apple Broccoli Salad via Brittany Poulson MDA, RD, CDE of Your Choice Nutrition
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Cranberries & Goat Cheese via Melanie MS, RD of Nutritious Eats
- Green Beans with Pecans, Cranberries, & Parmesan via Karmen Meyer RDN, LDN of The Nutrition Adventure
- Cream-less Creamed Spinach via Liz Weiss MS, RD of Liz’s Healthy Table
- Kid Approved Roasted Carrot Souffle via Ann RD & Lesley RD of My Menu Pal
- Instant Pot Carrots with Honey Herb Butter Glaze via Emily Weeks RD of Zen & Spice
- Turkey Veggie Platter via Amy Gorin RD, of Amy Gorin Nutrition
- Tumeric Parsnips via Sarah Schlichter MPH, RDN of Bucket List Tummy Blog
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes via Emily Weeks RD of Zen & Spice
- Crispy Potatoes with Pumpkin Hummus via Catherine Brown RD, of A Seat at My Table Blog
- Acorn Stuffed Squash with Sage Lentils and Wheat via Sharon Palmer RD, of The Plant Powered Dietitian Blog
- Cheesy Greek Yogurt Potato Casserole via Kristen Smith MS, RDN, CD of 360 Family Nutrition
- Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole via Liz Weiss MS, RD of Liz’s Healthy Table
- Thyme Roasted Sweet Potato Fries via Shahzadi Devje RD, of Desi-licious RD.
- Reduced Sugar Cranberry Sauce via Kaleigh McMordie MCN, RDN of Lively Table Blog
- Simple Refined Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce via Kelly Jones, MS, RD, CSSD of Eat Real, Live Well
- Rosemary Country Gravy via Elizabeth Shaw MS, RD of Shaw Simple Swaps
- Cranberry Orange Ginger Relish via Lauren Harris-Pincus MS, RDN of Nutrition Starring You
- 3 Ingredient Homemade Hot Cocoa via yours truly
- Cranberry Pumpkin Upside Down Cake via Jenny Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD of My Cape Cod Kitchen
- Pumpkin Pie Stuffed Baked Apples via Emily Cooper RD, of Sinful Nutrition
- Sweet Potato Pie Bites via Amanda Hernandez RD of The Nutritonist Reviews
- Quinoa Chocoalte Chip Apple Crumble via Sarah Schlichter, MPH, RDN of Bucket List Tummy Blog
- Pecan Sweet Potato Pie via Tracee Brenner RD of Triad to Wellness
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake via yours truly
Here’s to a Thanksgiving full of delicious food, fun family/friend time, and hopefully a bit of sanity. And hope this round-up helps with all that!
I’ll be enjoying a small Thanksgiving with my sister & grandma and most of all enjoying NOT having to travel far for it! Happy Thanksgiving all!
Pin it for later…
Want more recipe inspiration? Sign up to get recipes delivered straight to your inbox…
Let’s get chatty,
- What are your fave Thanksgiving recipes?
- What are your time-saving techniques?