This warm fig and prosciutto naan pizza drizzled with either a balsamic glaze or maple syrup makes for the perfect late summer/early fall appetizer or dinner.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy this “seasonal” fig and prosciutto naan pizza. Honestly, I can’t choose a sauce I like better. Both are delish and pare well with the sweet figs and salty prosciutto. The balsamic glaze (when you actually don’t overcook the glaze) is delish. It adds a tangy and deep flavor to the flatbread, while the maple syrup drizzle is light and sweet. That’s why you do it both ways, right?!
Without further ado……
Fig and Prosciutto Naan Pizza
- 2 Naan flatbreads
- 3-4 small black figs sliced thin
- 1 slice prosciutto sliced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup OR
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Make reduced balsamic sauce: Heat about 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar over med-high heat in small saucepan for 5-8 minutes until reduced to a syrup.
- Broil pitas for 1-2 minutes in oven. Remove, and flip over. Add toppings to soft side of naan.
- Evenly distribute cheese over naan, then top with figs, prosciutto, and green peppers
- Broil in oven until prosciutto and crust are golden brown. About 5-8 minutes.
- Cut pizzas, drizzle maple syrup or balsamic glaze, and enjoy