This fall inspired chicken sheet pan dinner with brussels sprouts and bacon is the best way to enjoy fall flavors without much effort at all. I mean, you literally let your oven do all the work.
How this chicken sheet pan dinner Fits into My Lifestyle
I’ve been meaning to make a chicken sheet pan meal for *a long time* but lack of forethought, a broken camera (for what seems like eons), and laziness has prohibited me from doing so. Funny, right? This seriously is one of the easiest meals you can make & I was too lazy to do it.
How it’ll Make Your Life Easier
There really isn’t much I have to say here, it’s all cooked on one pan, meaning quick prep, quick clean up, and it’s got both maple syrup and bacon. So it will totally be a family favorite. End of story.
If you don’t love brussels sprouts, try these roasted root veggies on the side. Just swap out veggies, and you can still include the bacon! Phew
Quick notes on Sheet Pan meals:
- A sheet pan meal is a full meal that you cook on one sheet pan.
- A sheet pan meal requires VERY LITTLE hands on time. This recipe takes 45 minutes, which is a bit longer than I like to make my recipes be, but it really only took ~5 minutes of hands-on time. So you can do pretty much anything else while this is cooking away
- A sheet pan meal dirties a sheetpan and maybe a cutting board. So, not only are you saving time prepping food, but you’re making clean-up the easiest ever.
Need any more reasons to try a sheet pan meal?
Not only is this dish really easy, but it’s insanely delicious (pin it here to save for later). I’m a huge advocate of trying new foods/preparation techniques to expand our palates. I hear it all the time that clients don’t like vegetables, but if you find simple & delicious ways to eat vegetables, would you look forward to eating them? I would.
I was laughing really hard as I photographed this dish. Why?
I photographed it right after photographing 3 (really really delicious) cheesecakes for a commission. Instead of snacking on the oreos & chocolate from that, I found myself reaching for these sweet & salty & crispy brussels sprouts. As a major chocolate dessert lover, I picked these brussels sprouts over the chocolate.
Are you dying to try this recipe yet (pin recipe here to save for later)? I’m dying to make it again, already.
Maple Bacon Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 4 strips applewood smoked bacon
- 1 pound brussels sprouts trimmed and washed
- 1 whole yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line sheetpan with parchment paper or a baking liner. Place bacon on sheetpan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove sheetpan from oven, increase temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Add chicken, onion, and brussels sprouts to pan. Drizzle syrup over ingredients, season with salt and pepper. Toss ingredients to evenly distribute syrup and bacon grease over all ingredients.
- Return to oven (even if it's not done heating up to 400 degrees). Roast for 30 minutes or until brussels sprouts are crispy and browned.
- Remove from oven, evenly distribute vegetables between 4 plates, slice chicken and bacon and evenly distribute between plates.
Sign up for recipes (just like this) to be sent straight to your inbox!
Let’s get chatty:
- have you tried a chicken sheet pan dinner before?
- what’s your favorite quick dinner?