We’re celebrating The Recipe Redux’s 6th birthday with mini desserts! All you need is a box of Kodiak cakes pancake mix, 2 extra ingredients, and 15 minutes to make these delicious healthy mini chocolate waffles that taste like they’re homemade.
Who doesn’t look forward to saying “in the morning, I’m making WAFFLES!”???? I always look forward to waffles, partly to act obnoxiously like donkey from Shrek.
I realized that I haven’t posted many dessert recipes here. Laammmmme. Honestly it’s more because the desserts I actually make & eat consist of Ghirardelli brownies, microwave s’mores and my mom’s secret chocolate chip cookies. No one wants to see any of those, except maybe the cookies, but then my life would be over.
So anyways, here’s some fun mini chocolate waffles I made with my go to pancake/waffle mix, Kodiak cakes. I used to make my own mix, but these are so delicious, easy, and are packed with whole grains. I can’t complain. Also they’re made in Park City, so any excuse to support local Utah foods. #amiright?!
Anyways, here you go, make ’em for brunch, breakfast, or dessert. You choose
Dark Chocolate Waffles
- Waffle Iron
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- medium mixing bowl
- 1/3 cup Pancake/waffle mix I used Kodiak cakes mix
- 1/2 Tablespoons Dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries cut into bitesized pieces
- Whipped cream
- maple syrup
- Mix 1/3 c waffle mix according to directions on box. Add in 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tsp sugar (if mix is not very sweet to begin with). Stir until just incorporated.
- Pour mix into heated waffle iron that has been coated with cooking spray. Make waffles.
- Top with butter, syrup, fresh whipped cream, and berries
- Swap the dark cocoa powder for regular cocoa powder if you don't like dark chocolate, or don't have dark cocoa powder.
- Double or triple recipe to have leftover waffles!
- Pour enough batter into waffle maker to almost cover all the iron.
and enjoy the fact that I tried to take a delicate bite, and did this instead…