We’re celebrating The Recipe Redux’s 6th birthday with mini desserts! All you need is a box of Kodiak cakes pancake mix, 2 extra ingredients, and 15 minutes to make these delicious healthy mini chocolate waffles that taste like they’re homemade.
Who doesn’t look forward to saying “in the morning, I’m making WAFFLES!”???? I always look forward to waffles, partly to act obnoxiously like donkey from Shrek.
I realized that I haven’t posted many dessert recipes here. Laammmmme. Honestly it’s more because the desserts I actually make & eat consist of Ghirardelli brownies, microwave s’mores and my mom’s secret chocolate chip cookies. No one wants to see any of those, except maybe the cookies, but then my life would be over.
So anyways, here’s some fun mini chocolate waffles I made with my go to pancake/waffle mix, Kodiak cakes. I used to make my own mix, but these are so delicious, easy, and are packed with whole grains. I can’t complain. Also they’re made in Park City, so any excuse to support local Utah foods. #amiright?!
Anyways, here you go, make ’em for brunch, breakfast, or dessert. You choose
Dark Chocolate Mini Waffles
- 1 cup Pancake/waffle mix I used Kodiak cakes mix
- 1.5 Tablespoons Dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries cut into bitesized pieces
- Whipped cream
- Mix waffle mix according to directions on box. Add in cocoa powder and sugar (if mix is not very sweet to begin with). Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour mix into heated waffle iron that has been coated with cooking spray. Make waffles. Should yield 6 whole waffles
- Cut waffles into quarters, or according to the grooves in your waffle iron, and top each waffle piece with whipped cream and fresh strawberries
and enjoy the fact that I tried to take a delicate bite, and did this instead…